Below are ten documented things every American Jew should know about former Massachusetts governor and presidential candidate Mitt Romney; follow the links to view supporting materials.
3. With each passing month, Romney has disagreed more and more with the scientific consensus regarding global climate change.
4. Romney vehemently opposed the President’s contraception compromise, which will ensure that women’s preventive services are widely available while addressing religious liberty concerns. This compromise was praised by groups ranging from the Catholic Health Association to the Orthodox Union.
6. While 76% of Jews support gay marriage and even more support gay rights, Romney doesn’t just oppose gay marriage - he has chosen to engage in gay-baiting rhetoric in front of conservative crowds.
7. Romney told CNN, “yes, I would vote for” the anti-Israel Ron Paul for president if Paul were to become the GOP nominee.
8. Romney’s flip-flops are legendary; for example, he supported key elements of the Affordable Care Act - including the individual mandate - but he now promises to dismantle it.
9. Romney is no moderate, at least not now. By his own description, he’s “severely conservative.”
10. As the front page of The Washington Post has recently noted, Romney has formed a “strategic partnership” with the anti-Israel Ron Paul.
11. As a spokesman and surrogate, Romney is using former New Hampshire Governor John Sununu—an individual with a singular record of voting against Israel’s interests.